Saturday, November 12, 2011

Whatever Mineh



I have a blog called Driving Thoughts, thoughts that I had while  driving to work. My last post was months ago. Well I haven't been working so I haven't been driving much either. But funny as it may sound I still have thoughts. My thoughts may not be profound or original but they have to be expressed, if not I may blow up and self destruct. Some time ago I made a list of things I must do such as, do one creative thing every day, write a page about any thing every day, learn yoga, listen to new music, and the list goes on. Needless to say I haven't done any of them yet. You know, life happens regardless of lists. There are the usual mundane things like cooking and cleaning and doctor appointments and then there are the occasional family disasters one has to take care of. There is one other thing that prevents me from following my list. Whatever I want to do I think to myself that it's not good enough, it's not original, it's not deep enough, it's not brilliant enough, it's been done before, it's too pedestrian, basically I hate everything I do even before I do them. You might say so don't do anything . I agree, but then there is this nagging voice that keeps telling me "you must, if you don't you will regret the empty life you lived on your deathbed and it would be too late." I have to make a confession. I am addicted to the game Mah Jong. I have been playing different varieties of it for more than a year. I play for hours at a time. The beautiful thing about this game is that you could go to the end of it and if it's not solved you can back track or undo your steps and correct the mistakes that you made and solve the puzzle. You can try as many times as you want until you solve the puzzle, you can even reset the whole game and start at the beginning. If only life could be like that. I know that I would go back and change my college major, I would not start smoking, I would keep track of my old friends, I would take more risks, I would learn to surf, I would be a better parent. Has this ever happen to you? you apply for a job and the hiring manager is your school mate from grade school that you and your friends made fun of? Or you train a new employee so well that she becomes your boss in a year? These are the times that you could hit the reset button and right the wrong move you made, but alas life doesn't give you second chances. Something to think about, No?  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment