Monday, December 17, 2018

Withering





         December 2018                January 2002


I exfoliated my face,  applied a fine moisturizer, applied green coverup to stabilize the red spots, I used yellow coverup to banish under eye blues, I used lavender coverup for yellowish skin. Then I contoured my face using brown makeup for around my face and under my cheekbones and to slenderize my nose. I tried to make my eyes smoky yet bright by applying eye shadows.  I used a generous amount of mascara to lengthen my lashes.  Last but not least I lined my lips with a colored pencil that matched my lip color. I chose a natural color lipstick and applied and blotted and reapplied.  I checked my whole face again in a mirror that magnifies 10 times for any mistakes or stray lash.  To me I looked fine much better than without makeup. But then I took a few selfies and the harsh reality become apparent.  
I just looked like an older version of myself with a lot of makeup. Nothing but nothing will bring my youthful beauty back. When I was young I didn’t believe I was pretty but looking at old photos I see that I was wrong. 
Well Maybe in another life I will appreciate what I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment